Are you selling jewelry assets? Jewelry Brokerage Service was designed for you.
My Jewelry Brokerage Service is dedicated to enabling you to sell your jewelry assets on short- or long-term consignment, utilizing these elements:
- In a beautiful salon in Oklahoma City's finest office complex, a showroom for buyers and sellers of estate jewelry.
- A fully qualified gemologist-appraiser with more than 30 years of experience in the estate jewelry field.
- Long-term consignment (usually six to twelve months) for owners who wish to realize the highest possible prices from private buyers.
- Quick sales (usually three days) to a national network of the best buyers in the gemstone, jewelry, and precious metal trades.
- Consultant's advisory service for jewelry owners to explore all options, including selling on their own and in various auction formats.
What is estate jewelry? It is defined as any jewelry that is or has been owned by an ultimate consumer, whether bought or inherited. It may be of any quality — from fine antique and vintage heirlooms to low-end items made last month overseas; from commercial-quality gemstones sold on TV or the Internet to jewelry obtained from the finest retailers. It includes fashionable "bridge" jewelry and even some costume. It may be in pristine condition or suitable only for scrapping, and of tiimeless style or hopelessly out of date.
When I joined my family's jewelry business in 1977, I was fascinated by estate jewelry, and when I opened my own business in 1991, I knew I wanted to provide a full range of services in the estate jewelry field, including appraising, consulting, and restoration, and, above all, to act as a faithful agent for the confidential sale of estate jewelry on behalf of its owners. Nearly 40 years later, I have reached this goal by serving hundreds of individuals, estates and heirs, trust and charities, and bankers and lawyers.
Jewelry Brokerage Service begins with consultation. Whether you are a private owner or are acting as a fiduciary, my first responsibility is to find out what you have and where it should sell for the highest return (whether I become your broker or not), considering your requirements for time and the most lucrative outcome. If we proceed to consignment, the item's price, my commission and the term of our agreement are established. For quick sales to the trade, I pay the owner immediately, and for second-hand retail sales, no later than the end of the same month in which an item is sold. Until then, all items are held on my secure premises, and are insured.
In today's online world, the possible ways to sell estate jewelry are many. These choices present owners with both opportunities and dangers, including market strategies and pricing options that are not always obvious. After more than 35 years in the estate jewelry business, I have dealt with most of the major players in the trade and also opened the door to online sales to ultimate consumers. Please call me at (405) 843-7856 or contact me here to begin developing the personal strategy for selling your jewelry that is right for you.